Centric School of Yoga
Our mission is to fully equip students to qualify as confident, knowledgeable and inspired yoga teachers on completion of the course. Students will be trained to teach three modalities: Hatha, Vinyasa and hot yoga. We place special emphasis on teaching skills, anatomy, and sequencing.
What separates us from other teachings is that we extend our reach beyond completion of the course and offer practical experience with regular clients. You will also be provided with voice coaching and advised on how to deal with the practicalities of everyday life as a yoga teacher. Here at Centric School of Yoga, we pride ourselves on our strong sense of community.
The Centric Yoga Teacher Training course is registered as a 200 hour accredited TTC with Yoga Alliance. The course is led by Jessica Stewart and supported by a team of experienced teachers. This training is affiliated with studios Yogacentric and Centric:3Tribes, London. It takes place over 9 intensive weekends across 6 months.
Our teachers specializes in an integrative approach to yoga, joining western science and anatomy and physiology with eastern energetics; and western psychology with eastern philosophy. You will be provided with a course reading list and provided with your own 200 hour manual and resources file. Our school raises the bar to meet the requirements set by YA 200 hour TTC in led teaching hours, quality and depth of teaching and enables you to be a recognized YA yoga teacher.
- Teaching Methodology and Practice in: Hatha Yoga, Vinyasa Yoga & Hot Yoga
- In depth study of the philosophy and foundations of Yoga: historical and modern perspectives
- Study and analysis of the traditional Yoga texts
- Anatomy: In depth exploration and application of the musculoskeletal and nervous system
- The subtle body: Prana, Bandhas, Chakras, Pancha Kosha, Kriyas
- Introduction to Yoga Therapy & Traditional Chinese Medicine Meridian Theory
- Mindfulness: Integrative approach of body and mind
- Meditation, pranayama techniques and Yoga Nidra
- Tools to walk your yoga: self practice, transformation, mentality and confidence
3 x 1 hour written exams (anatomy, teaching theory, yoga history & literature)
1 x 1 hour practical taught class
Dates & Weekend Schedule:
9 Weekends of 25 hours
Friday 5pm-8pm, Saturday 8am-8pm and Sunday 8am-8pm
200 taught hours, 20 hours+ learning/coursework/case study
DATES 2017 – 2018
29th SEPT – 1st OCT
13th – 15th OCT
10th NOV – 12th NOV
1st DEC – 3rd DEC
5th – 7th JAN
19th – 21st JAN
16th FEB – 18th FEB
9th MARCH – 11th MARCH
30th APRIL – 1st APRIL
TOTAL COST: £2800
Discount if paid in full
Deposit of £500 (non refundable) and 3 installments of £490.00 (total £2950)
APPLICATION: To apply please email [email protected] to receive the application form and book a student eligibility interview with the course director.